DSC_0276DSC_0304DSC_0276-001

Monday, September 10, 2012

The PNW

IMG_0453
IMG_0454IMG_0452

Back from Seattle! What a wonderful trip. Basically the story goes like this:

Famous photographer Roberto Valenzuela was teaching a three day workshop for six students. Oh, and the whole thing was filmed and broadcast live to a few hundred thousand other photographers.
No big deal.

Having grown up near Seattle, I was in heaven. The scent of pine trees combined with salty sea air, Mt. Rainier towering in the distance, seagulls clamoring for dropped bits of food near the water, and the overall grunge/eclectic vibe that Seattle if so famously known for invigorated me. Oh, the Pacific Northwest. There's nothing like it. And if you haven't been, shame on you. Shame, shame, shame.

You know how they say "home is where your heart is?" Would it be a crime to tell you that on that first day in Seattle, I didn't quite know exactly where my heart was? It felt split between being where I grew up and being with my family. Oh, how terrible do I sound? But the nostalgia and beauty of a place can sometimes be overwhelming. I found myself wishing I could stay in Washington forever.

I mean, where else can you find a banana slug magnet, daily mustache collection, or salt-and-pepper shakers doing the hanky-panky?

IMG_0444IMG_0442
IMG_0443

It's official. We need to move.

No comments:

Post a Comment